Manila Ocean Park + Yexel's Toy Museum

When it comes to planning a date with my boyfriend, I really want something different or new for the both of us. This time, we celebrated our 64th monthsarry or for being 5 years and 4 months together. We chose to have our date at Manila Ocean Park. It is located at the back of Quirino Grandstand and Rizal Park. Thanks to my friend, Cath, for giving us a discounted ticket for our said date. This is my second time to visit here. And it is a whole lot different way back before when I was still in high school. Nowadays, it is more beautiful and more attractive to go to.

Anyway, Manila Ocean Park is open everyday from 10am to 8pm. Every attraction inside has a cost, so the price of ticket varies. But there's a lot of promo deals in the net for you to buy the tickets. From the ticket we bought from my friend, it includes 8 attractions: Oceanarium, Fish Spa, Snow Village + Penguins Exhibit, Jellies Exhibit (Jellyfish), Birds of Prey Kingdom, Sea Lion Show, Sharks & Rays Encounter, and Yexel's Toy Museum. 

The first attraction you'll be able to see there when you visit is the Oceanarium. Almost all of the types of sea creatures are there. Some of them I am familiar with, yet some are not. So this date for us is also part of gaining our knowledge about the ocean and who lives there. The Oceanarium is the biggest attraction than the rest. In there, you will be able to encounter different types of fish, sharks, and etc.

Second attraction, the Fish Spa. It is where Nibble Fish will massage your feet. They are the types of fish who will remove your dead skin when they suck your feet. They are small fishes that's why it tickles when they're sucking your feet. For me and my boyfriend, it is our first time to experience that kind of massage/therapy. 

After fish spa, we also visited the Snow Village + Penguin Exhibit. It is where you will be able to experience how cold Antarctica and North Pole is. I was mesmerized when we enter this attraction. Because FINALLY, I've got able to see a PENGUIN in person. (One of my bucketlist: Check!) They are so cute. Even though I've got to see them behind those glass window, I was so happy. Sadly, we're out of budget and we didn't have the chance to took a picture with those penguin. (Note: Picture with penguins is worth P500.00, so ready your wallets when you visit there!) 

Few steps from the Snow Village + Penguin Exhibit is the Jellies Exhibit. Jellyfish are most people scared of seeing in the sea. Well! Actually yes, because they can sting you. But here in Manila Ocean Park, I'm sure you'll love the beauty of these jellies. Every type of jellies are in a designated aquarium with led lights in the corner. That is why the jellyfish looks like they are changing in colors due to the exchanging of lights. Inside this attraction, you'll hear classical music playing that is coordinating on how jellyfish swims.

Next attraction we visited was the Birds of Prey Kingdom where you will be able to see the Philippine Eagle up close and flying freely. It is located near the entrance of the Ocean Park. Philippine eagle is such a beautiful bird to see in person. It really deserves to be as one of the symbols of our country. In here, you can also feed them but we didn't have the chance (again) to try it because we don't have enough money :(


The next attraction we've went was my favorite, the Sea Lion Show. Sea Lions are one of the brainiest animal in the world. They can be trained easily (I think!) and they are friendly to humans. Here in Ocean Park, you'll be able to see them perform and they will actually entertain you with different tricks they're doing. They're so cute and fun to watch, and I'm sure you'll really love them.



After the show, it is time for us to encounter the sting rays. OMG! I really love to see them up close. When we get there, we touch them on their body, not on tails because it's poisonous. And for me, it was like a once in a lifetime experience.

The last attraction was the Yexel's Toy Museum. It is located inside the Ocean Park. Amazing Stories of Yexel's Toy Museum is owned by Yexel Sebastian. Everytime I saw pictures of people in Instagram in this attraction, I was so envy. But now, I've got to experience it too. This museum is good for taking pictures because of the life-sized different characters of movies, heroes and etc. What I love about it, are the Minions because they are my and my boyfriend's favorite movie. You can also see inverted room, Star Wars stormtroopers & darthvader, Superman, Spiderman & Batman there. There are also the Chipmunks, Cinderella's glass slipper and Iron Man on the last part.
 (Finally! A Spiderman kiss haha.)



I will be uploading the video of our whole experience there on my YouTube channel SOON! So better watch it :)

I'M REALLY SURE YOU'LL ENJOY AND LOVE IT THERE. Don't just have an usual date at the malls or restaurants, explore yourself with your love ones at the museums or parks where you can learn or discover new things. Like us, #JulieAndJason.

So what do you think? Share to me your insights and stories. Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TwenTEEN Birthday Suit

The Peaceful Island: Banton, Romblon

Magalawa Island, Zambales